TYIF


This week, the multiverse had enough of my whinging. On not one but four, count 'em, FOUR occasions this week, someone presented me with a reality check. Whether it was:

Exhibit A) My friend Swathi telling me to get over bitching about not having enough time to prepare a healthy meal ("Don't tell me you don't have time and money. It's your body. Feed it.")

Exhibit B) My friend Heather telling me to get over bitching, period. ("Dude, look. You're an amazing writer with an amazing hubs and two amazing boys. Shut it.")

Exhibit C) The comic Louis C.K. telling us all to be thankful for the crazy amazing shit we have and not bitch about stuff like a slow connection on your cell phone ("Give it a second! It's going to space!")

Or Exhibit D) POSSESSION Author Elana Johnson who wrote a post today that reminded me of the times I used to just write for pleasure.

Each one made me stop and think. And then thank. So I'm grateful today.What about you?

Had a reality check lately? Big cheesin grin about something that made you happy? Dish!

 
Louis C.K.: Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

8 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt | September 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I love B. Take that sperm donor!!! :D

lbdiamond | September 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM

HI!!!!!!!!! How are you?

Matthew MacNish | September 16, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Have you been not blogging? Because I miss your blog (I think I was still Matthew Rush last time I was here) and your blog is not showing up in my reader or my dashboard? Just curious.

Zoe C. Courtman | September 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Hey, Laura!! Thanks for the welcome back :) Been doing okay -- working and writing, reading and working, writing, writing, writing. You know how it is :) Hope you're well!

Matthew - Hi. *sheepish grin* No, haven't been blogging at all since, like, a couple months ago. Thanks for saying you missed my blog posts; feels great to know I'm not blogging into a complete vacuum :) Trying to blog a bit more regularly...but we'll see how that goes...

lbdiamond | September 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Hey, some of that writing mojo my way...I've lost mine, LOL! ;)

laughingwolf | October 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM

yeah, shit happens! :(

glad you're able to cope... and thx for the video laughs! :)

Tamara Narayan | October 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Blog fatigue? Been there, still there. Scrolling down I see you went to a conference and you've got a request from a agent for a book?! Sounds very cool.

I'm giving your blog a shout-out tomorrow as part of a blogfest-name-some-cool-blogsites-thang.

Hope October is treating you well.

Melissa Sugar | October 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Hilarious video. It reminded me of how great my kids have it and how much they complain. I tried explaining the old "busy signal" I would often get when I was a kid trying to call home & one of my sibs where on the phone. He was like what are you talking about. He was mad because I did not answer his text promptly enough while at work.

From an ADHD writer, I can really relate to your post. Sounds like you have some awesome friends giving you advice. I love your blog, how have I not met you before? I am glad I found you. You were highly recommended over at the pay it forward blogfest.

I will be back to read more.

Post a Comment