Ooh. I haz award :)

So, here I am vanishing steadily from the blogosophere in my fit o Dem Bad Ol December Doldrums
Oh, you didn't know I was really Marceline?

when into the foul blackness of my personal morass comes a happy bit of LSP-grade smilies.

VB Tremper, you globe-trotting writer you, thanks for thinking of me with a capital T. Or, rather a capital A, for award. Cuz, fo realz, Vicki gave me this:

Thanks, dude! *tips hat* So, per the award rules, I'ma list seven things about me and pass this sucker on to seven bloggers :) Like ta hear it? Hear it go:

  1. Every morning when I awake, there's a random-ass song stuck in my head. I mean lodged in there. And did I say it was random-ass? Yeah. Waking up knowing all the words to Michigan J. Frog's Hello My Baby isn't as cool as you'd think it be. As it by rights should be. (...send me a kiss by wire, baby my heart's on fire...if you refuse me honey you'll lose me then you'll be left alone so baybee telephone and tell me I'm your Oown...) *ribbit* 
  2.  I can't complain about having teenagers. Getting to point and laugh at them Hanging out and listening to them go through their drama (ohgodtheDRAMMMMA) while watching Discovery Channel stuff about wormholes and dark matter and scarfing tacos can be pretty schweet.
  3. I spend way too much time singing to Wampa.
Who wouldn't?

4. Sometimes I think rural Georgia's gonna kill me.

5. I really dig Fringe. One of these days I'm gonna hug John Noble.

6. Just like VB Tremper, I daydream about studying linguistics one day. Theoretical linguistics. Just freakin' cuz.

7. I can't bowl for shit.

Right. Thus illuminated about my...vagaries, we can move on to the seven stylin bloggers! I hereby bequeath the Stylish Blogger Award to:

7 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans | March 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Thank you for the great award. And even more thanks for allowing us to get to know you better. Love the photo of Wampa. I cannot bowl for merde either. Last time I tried was after years of neglect. I fell flat on my brains. Hey, those shoe soles were slick!

And I love FRINGE, too. Though it is Anna Torv that has my heart, LOL. Roland

lbdiamond | March 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Hey, hey, congrats on the award! Good to see you around in the blogosphere. How's writing coming?

Alleged Author | March 3, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Thanks for the award! I dig Fringe as well. I think it's a very inventive show in a sea of common sitcoms.

Deniz Bevan | March 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Congratulations on your award! And hey, you're not alone with that random ass song business. The other day I had a bit from HMS Pinafore. Before that it was a single line from Into the Woods. And then there's lines from TV shows... my brain is all full up with this stuff, it seems.
Reminds me of that Mark Twain story about the conductor song: http://acephalous.typepad.com/acephalous/mark-twain-a-literary-nig.html

Hannah Kincade | March 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Awesome! Thank you so much!!

I loves bowling but no, bowling doesn't love me.

And you're right, who wouldn't sing to Wampa?

Matthew MacNish | March 10, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Aww! Thanks Zoe, you're the best.

Tamara Narayan | March 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Thank-you, thank-you! Now I have a blog for next week. I sing Michigan J. Frog quite a bit around the home place, but even my four-year-old looks at me like I've lost my mind. I keep telling her to please return my sanity.

Bowling. I bowled once and by the end of the evening got three strikes in a row. Rock-on. My six-year-old totally kicks my butt at Wii bowling though.

Wampa looks like The Fabulous Miss Sidney's sibling. She's a flame point but has those blue yes-you'll-do-anything-I-ask eyes.

Post a Comment