Ooh, a ghost story.

In a few minutes, I'll be finishing up some work for the new copyediting gig. And you know what time it'll be then?

 That's right; time to pack up the chirrun and go see PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2. Squee!

Check out this trailer and tell me you aren't shivering in anticipation.

Shivering yet? No? Okay, so it's just me. Though part of that quivering is due to the movie's big-budget release (this time 'round, PA1 writer/director Oren Peli had $3 million to play with as producer and a new director, Tod Williams).

The first was made on a shoestring ($10K), and I think that always tends to make filmmakers more hungry, more desperate to get the thing right. So I hope the mayjuh duckets doesn't ruin this one. Mo' money, mo' prollems, right? And I read this NY Times piece on the sequel, and, yeah, I'm a little noivous.

But still. I'm not ashamed to say I dug the first one - and that a question it prompted served as the inspiration for the current MS. So I'm hopeful for this one.



Here's a quick discussion of PA2 through the eyes of a paranormal investigator.



Here, Peli discusses PA 2.


If you care, here's a sit-down with Peli from last year.

ENN-EE-WAY. So tell me, did you see the first PARANORMAL ACTIVITY? What did you think? Gonna see the second?

7 comments:

Shainer | October 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM

In the past I never wanted to be near a film like this but now I have this weird craving to see it. Do I need to see the first one before going to this one, or is scary just scary and all I need to do is show up?

Joann Swanson | October 22, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Seeing it tomorrow!! Cannot wait!

Alex J. Cavanaugh | October 22, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I heard the second one was even better.

Cheeseboy | October 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

No way am i going to see this one. Way, way, way too scary for me. And I am a 34 year old man. I see that it is getting great reviews though.

Meika | October 23, 2010 at 7:44 AM

I LOVED the first one -- even though the guy shared my name, which upped the creep factor for me. Let us know how the 2nd one is!

Alleged Author | October 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I cannot wait to see this movie! Have you seen "Trick R Treat"? It is also wonderful though not the same type of scary movie.

Falen (Sarah Ahiers) | October 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

loved loved LOVED the first one, and was really let down by the second one. I felt they just didn't do a good job of raising the tension like they did with the first one. And the escalation didn't work for me - we went from bangs to full out attacks with nothing really in between

Post a Comment