THIS is cool...

While I'm definitely a visual kind of creature, I do love me some sounds. That's why I squeed in my mouf a widdle when I saw sound designer Ben Burtt's latest book: THE SOUNDS OF STAR WARS:



I'm sure I've said it before, but like the White Stripes, it bears repeating: My favorite STAR WARS sound comes from this guy in Episode II:



Behold the awesomely rippling roar of the Reek as he lumbers out in the first few seconds of this clip (beware, it's a really fleeting coupla seconds, and doesn't last nearly as long as it oughta):



Even so, isn't that just the most delicious sound??

9 comments:

Lizard301 | September 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM

That is awesome! and you're a geek. <3

Nicole Zoltack | September 10, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I can never have enough SW.

Raquel Byrnes | September 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up on that great book...I have to check it out for sure!

Edge of Your Seat Romance

Alex J. Cavanaugh | September 10, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Now that's a cool book!

Roland D. Yeomans | September 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM

That does look to be a funtastic book. Thanks for the heads-up. Roland

Hannah Kincade | September 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM

OMG, yes!! That is a great sound! I luuuuurve me some Star Wars. Sigh. I may have to put it in the dvd playa right now!

Alesa Warcan | September 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Suddenly I'm imagining the sound dude from prairie home companion doing all the sounds for a radio theater production of Star Wars.
; j

Carol Kilgore | September 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I'd forgotten all those great sounds. Thanks. There's an award for you on my blog.

Nicki Elson | September 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Oh, awesome! I'm stealing the link to send to a friend right now.

Post a Comment