It's ALIVE! (And, yanno, an invitation.)

First, mosey on over to Laura Diamond's blog to check out her blog chain entry on quirky writing rituals. It's a good one!

Okay. So you remember that post from way back in which I waxed poetic about being a brown recluse? Yeah. So I've been a TOTAL recluse for the last week or so. I just tend to have moments days when the outside world is just too...exhausting to participate in, and sometimes that outside world includes the online world.

BUT. I'm back from outer space, and, in case you were wondering, I'm still alive like GlaDOS:



So I'll be back to popping in and out of the blogosphere and reading and commenting on everyone's blogs, but a little less regularly on account of three things:

1. I'm in the home stretch of this damned novel and it's all systems GO! I have a handful of shiny shiny short story ideas I want to play with before the summer's out. And I can't do that until I have a "the end" posted at the end of this draft.

2. Adderal. Got-BLESS mind-focusing drugs. Seriously, y'all. Turns out my industrial-grade procrastination is a product of adult attention deficit disorder. Which, considering my sib and other fambly members are thus afflicted, should have been more on my radar. But, yeah. Anyway - so I'm ZOOMING along on this MS like never before.

3. I'll be absent at least ONE day next month (I hope!) - due to my open invitation:


That's right!! I've "met" so many cool ass writer/bloggers based somewhere in Georgia, so I'd like to issue an invitation for any Georgia writers (with reasonable proximity to Atlanta) to get together one night in August for dinner, socialization, beer and support, support, support. And did I mention beer??

Just let me know if you're interested either in the comment section or via email (zoe.courtman AT gmail DOT com) and I'll find a location (maybe Apres Diem in midtown??) and get a date set. Come on, y'all! Writing's a lonely sport. So let's get together, drink, and bitch - it's just one night!!

Hope everyone's holiday was terrific. See you all online soon! (Promise I'll get to everyone's blogs this week. After all, you guys are the ones who get me through it!!)

21 comments:

Alesa Warcan | July 7, 2010 at 12:31 PM

LoL I just breezed through portal a few weeks ago. Fun fun.
Let there be cake! Delicious and moist. : j

Too bad I'll be in Atlanta in October instead of next month otherwise I might have made it (oh I'm not a Georgia writer so the issue was moot; )). Oh well, I hope y'all have a blast!

Glad to hear you're doing your thing! Charge on, Zoe!

Zoe C. Courtman | July 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Alesa! DUDE. If you're here in Atlanta in October, we TOTALLY should meet up for a drink then, anyway! I have a big feeling that we'd get on like a house on fire :D

Matthew Rush | July 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

OMG! Portal is the best game ever! I will now go back and read the rest.

Raquel Byrnes | July 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Ooh that sounds like a fun night...too bad I'm in California. *sniffles* So glad you're on the home stretch with your novel. Remember to keep having fun!

Matthew Rush | July 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I'm down. I live in Cumming so Midtown is a little far ... but I could do it. Do you know Summer from "and this time concentrate" and Nicole from "one significant moment in time"?

They're the only other GA writers I know, but I think they live in the boonies. And Nicole is on vacation in France. Just sayin.

Zoe C. Courtman | July 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Hey, Matthew! My hubs and kids just, like, DEVOURED Portal and then played the song for DAYS. Now it's one of my favorites :D

Hi, Raquel! Thanks for popping in. I wish I could get EVERYONE together, dang it. WOuldn't THAT be a blast???

Zoe C. Courtman | July 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Matthew - I haven't checked out Summer's blog, but I've been to Nicole's - great ideas! Checking 'em out now :D Hopefully I can pull together a couple of us!

Alesa Warcan | July 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Ha, works for me provided you don't mind meeting my partner in crime/traveling companion.
I'll bring an extinguisher in case we really do get along like houses on fire... Or is that what drinks are for? ; j

Lydia Kang | July 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Hooray for being able to focus and having all your projects lined up! I hope the end of your novel goes just as you hope it will!

Palindrome | July 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Yeah, I've been doing the same thing. Focusing more on the ms and trying to get to "the end" in the next month. I would like to hammer out another first draft of something else before NaNo this year.

Tahereh | July 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM

woo hoo!! best of luck with everything!! <33

Shannon Whitney Messenger | July 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Yay--Zoe's back. Glad to have you! But make sure you keep cracking on that novel. Go! Go! Go! :)

Carolyn V. | July 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Oh man! I'm so not close to there. I hope you guys have a great time! =)Yay on the home stretch!!! =D

Stina Lindenblatt | July 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I probably have ADHD since my son does. It sure would explain a few things.

Now I don't feel so bad about disappearing into the editing cave for a short bit. I'm almost finished my wip. I just received the last crit, and there're some changes I need to make that I thought sounded great. :)

Good luck finishing yours, Zoe. :D

Roland D. Yeomans | July 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM

You do what you have to do to complete your manuscript, Zoe.

I wish you fun and happy times at your Georgia conclave for writers.

Just have to share :

I mentioned an up-and-coming jazz singer, Amanda Carr, in my post :

http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2010/06/mesmers-i-had-lunch-with-death-today.html

... and this morning I received in the mail an autographed copy of her latest CD, SOON, as thanks for mentioning her.

How cool is that? I just wanted to share with a friend, Roland

Cheeseboy | July 7, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I think I need to move to Georgia and this adderil sounds adderawesome.

Tessa Conte | July 8, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Zoe, that's such a cool idea - shame I live in Europe. Ah well.

Have fun!

ps. I'm in the middle of a three-week vacation ON MY OWN so I can get some writing done. Unfortunately there's the beach. Sunshine. Swimming pool. Maybe not such a good idea... ah well.

Lisa K. | July 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Hi Zoe. Good luck finishing up that novel. I'm actually dying to get back to some short story writing, too, so I know just how you feel. And there's an award for you over at my blog (http://bit.ly/9PvSjx). :-)

Olivia J. Herrell | July 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Oooo, get together, yay! I'm in Dahlonega and would love to meet you guys in Atlanta or wherever. I'm away, though, the 18th thru the 21st and the 28th till the 5th of Sept. Let me know when and where and I'll be there (assuming my schedule permits).

Great idea, Olivia
that rebel with a blog

~Nicole Ducleroir~ | July 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Hey Zoe!! I'm sorry it's taken me a week to get my shit together and visit your blog, but I've had a Post-It on my monitor since the day I got back online to get over here. GREAT idea about getting GA writer/bloggers together. I am SO in! I was going to suggest the same thing to you, Matt Rush and Summer. Oh, and VR Barkowski lives in Roswell (her blog) and she's an awesome crime/detective novelist. I'll have to think who else on my blogroll lives here...

I'm really looking forward to this!

Hope you've been having a great summer, sista!

((hugs)) Nicole

VR Barkowski | August 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Love this idea, Zoe (thanks for the heads up Nicole!). Hopefully, my impending move won't interfere.

Post a Comment