It's My Party And I'll Write If I Want To

So, it's my berfday today! Huzzah!

Yep, it's dark in here, especially on my berfday. [Thanks to deviantart's Chatterly for being so damned gothic.] Cheers! *chinks together black flagons of bitter stout* 

So, in honor of the day that brought forth into the world a dark, dark soul, I'd like to gather all of you into the dark with me for a moment. (No, you canNOT haz flashlight. Flashlights are for wussies.) Here. This might help with your transformation. It'll only hurt for a minute:




But no berfday is complete without cake. So here's some classic cakey goodness:

Okay, f!ck cake. No berfday is complete without PREZZIES. You know what mine is? I worked late Friday nite and all day Sunday on freelance schtuff so I could have the


MOST FUNKTASTIC DAY EVER TODAY!

Because that's the berfday present I've given myself. One entire day of unfettered freakin writing (well, that, an LED keyboard so I can finally haz not just letters on my keyboard, but glowing letters, and the game Alan Wake. Can I get a w00t w00t?) 

So, off to unplug, drop my last Concerta and get to writing. I'm not finished with this MS like I'd wanted to be by this date, but I'll at least make some progress on this sucker today. I'll check in later to post the word count.

So happy day, my temporary darklings! Enjoy it!

23 comments:

Danyelle | June 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Happy Birthday, Zoe! And good luck with your writing. :D

Alesa Warcan | June 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Have an AWESOME birthday Zoe! Because you rock, yanno? : D
Oy, by the way, I know it's dark in here, but I've been here all along. : j
I agree with the comment about flashlights, you can guide your gathered darklings with the light from your keyboard.

Zoe C. Courtman | June 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Thanks, Danyelle! I can't wait to get started :D (Unplugging in T-minus 10, 9, 8...)

Alesa, I THOUGHT I felt someone moving back there in the shadows!! lol. Thanks for hanging with me here in the dark :D Got any cookies??

Lydia Kang | June 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I would love a birthday present where all I have to do that day is write. Awesome!

Happy Birthday Zoe!!! Enjoy it!!!

Alesa Warcan | June 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Only the bare minimum, I have software that filters out the nasty cookies as well as the useless ones; then the neopenguins have their way with them, they aren't picky that way.

But instead you can have some of my PiƱa colada, made with fresh pineapple juice... Yours can even have rum in it, if you'd like.

Creepy Query Girl | June 28, 2010 at 11:36 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! does that mean you're a cancer, like me? My bday is this thursday! Rock out!

Dawn Embers | June 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Yay! Happy Birthday!!

:-D

Lizard301 | June 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Hugs to my favorite *old* friend! lolz

I updated my blog as well, if you have time to mosey by....

Ian | June 28, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Happy birthday salutations Zoe C !

Enjoy your day pounding the keys and torturing sweet prose out of your instrument of doom - that new and ever so shiny keyboard of yours.

Oh, and Mirrormask is awesome.
That is all.

Aubrie | June 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

Roland D. Yeomans | June 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Zoe. I do hope you get a nice surprise or two or three today. May all your writing be stellar.

In return for your music video, I have one for you. When you have the time go to the bottom of this post :
http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2010/06/zombie-luv-flash-fiction-contest-she.html

I think you'll get a kick out of it. Promise. And I don't break promises. Roland

B. Miller | June 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope your birthday is fantabulous.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope to see you around there again sometime. I need more horror friends! :D

Alleged Author | June 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Happy Birthday! I wish I had a glowing keys...le sigh.

Alex J. Cavanaugh | June 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Happy birthday, Zoe!

Carolyn V. | June 28, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Happy B-day Zoe!!!! I hope it's awesome! =D

James Garcia Jr | June 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Happy Birthday! You having a special day was the bit of good news that I needed to brighten the miserable day that I had at work today. Thanks so much for sharing. And I will find you on Facebook and friend you, Yo!
Enjoy!
--James

vbtremper | June 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Happy Berfday, my Dark friend! Good luck with those glowing words. And eat some cake to celebrate being in the last act (of your ms).

Vicki

Liza | June 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Happy Birthday! You share it with my sister! That puts you in good company!

Jaydee Morgan | June 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Happy Birthday!!

And that's a great present to give to yourself...have fun writing :)

Deb Salisbury | June 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Happy Berfday, Zoe! Have fun!!

Vicki Rocho | June 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Happy Birthday, Zoe! TOTALLY jealous of that LED keyboard!

Olivia Herrell | June 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Happy Birthday, berfday sista! Sounds like Dawn is our sista, too! I love your birthday prezzies, a full day of writing and a glow in the dark keyboard. Yeehaa!! Waiting on that word count.

See you when you reappear, Olivia

The Alliterative Allomorph | June 29, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Happy birthday sugar pie honey bunch! I hope you satisfy for your ache to write :o) Mwah!

Post a Comment