CONTEST WINNERS !

We have a winner of the ULTIMATE BLOG INTERVIEW CONTEST! Held to celebrate reaching 100(+!) followers, the contest is a pay-it-forward kinda deal, since bloggers helping bloggers is what brought in all of my friendly, awesome follower-friends. Thanks!!! The grand prize? Being interviewed rightchere on this blog and snagging a gold flash drive. Everyone who commented on the poll's post also got entered to win a $10 BN.com e-gift card, so 'twas fun all around.

Picking the winner wasn't easy, since there was a TIE (of course of all the blog contests, mine would have the freakin' tie) between (drum rolls) Jessica Bell at The Alliterative Allomorph and Roland Yeomans at Writing In The Crosshairs. (Great questions, guys!)

But I had to pick just one, y'all. One.

Since everyone thought they had the two best interview questions, giving each 14% of the vote, I decided to go flip a coin


over at Random.org. And I'm proud to announce the winner of the Ultimate Blog Interview Contest is
who asked,  
"Have you ever gotten sexually excited after writing a love scene and then acted upon it?"


Otherwise known as The Alliterative Allomorph, or That Chick Who Asks Really Freakin Intense Questions, Jessica will be featured on this blog in a guest interview, in which she'll be asked THAT QUESTION (we're all blushing!!) along with the other top five questions. Jessica also wins that nifty golden flash drive so she can back-up her AB-so-lute-ly golden WIP (laws, I hope that sucker gets here from China soon :/) Anyway, congrats, Jessica! Send me your email address at zoe (dot) courtman (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll respond with the six questions (so you can be prepared) and so we can figure out when to post your interview :D

And, lest we forget, we ALSO have a commenter winner who gets the $10 BN.com e-gift card, which ALSO helps us pay it forward since we're keeping the book lurve going to whatever author the winner lurves. Chosen by my list of commenter names and Random.org, THAT lucky winner is:
w00t!
That thar novel over on the left is how Alex rocks the sci-fi genre, in addition to being a gamer and guitarist to boot. Check him out at www.alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com. Congrats, dude!

Thanks also to everyone for following my blog, no matter how incoherent, and participating. Y'all make it easier to be a writer. Thanks! So much fun, y'all!

16 comments:

Sandy Shin | May 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Congratulations to Jessica and Alex. That's one... intense question. ;)

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) | May 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Congrats to Jessica and Alex.
I'm so looking to seeing how Jessica answers that question. :)

Zoe C. Courtman | May 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Hey, Sandy & Lindsay! I know, right? I can't wait to hear her answer, either. Fun fun! Thanks guys, really thanks, for participating and making this fun :D

Tahereh | May 29, 2010 at 6:02 PM

awesome!! congrats to everyone!! this was such a great idea, Zoe, loved it!

Alex J. Cavanaugh | May 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Wow, I am so stoked! Thanks, Zoe. Guess I need to go check my email now!!!

Lydia Kang | May 29, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Yay! congrats to the winners!

Aubrie | May 29, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Congrats to the winners!

Lisa and Laura | May 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

OMG, that question is SCARY. Ha! Great contest Zoe!

The Alliterative Allomorph | May 30, 2010 at 3:30 AM

LOLOLOL YAY! Thank you so much! hahaha, I'm not embarrassed to answer that question! I'm Australian! ;) Congrats to Alex too!!! Whoo-hoo! Sending you an email now. mwah!

Sangu | May 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Congratulations to Jessica and Alex! Great, great contest, Zoe!

Laura Marcella | May 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Congrats to all the winners!!! This was such a fun contest, Zoe!

Raquel Byrnes | May 30, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Congrats you guys! Great interview and contest, Zoe/

Rayna M. Iyer | May 31, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Knowing Jessica, the answer is going to be as great as the question was.

Congratulations, Jessica and Alex, and thanks Zoe for passing it along!

Vicki Rocho | June 1, 2010 at 7:31 AM

No offense to the rest of y'alls questions (they were all good), but I voted for Jessica's question, so I feel like I just won! Woo HOO

Christina Lee | June 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM

LOL--what a great question!

Roland D. Yeomans | June 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Zoe, thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. Wow, she stole my post! Just kidding. I can't get over how much our posts match. Love her peanut butter analogy.

But our first three points are the same ... but different as Samuel Goldwyn might say. Victoria and I even used the idea for the library research. Guess it comes from our old memories of university research. When in doubt, look it up there.

I got the idea for my post from Blake Synder's great book on screenwriting, SAVE THE CAT. I guess Victoria read Blake's book, too.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've added Victoria to my favorites and blog list -- you, too. Roland

Post a Comment