So, I Interrupt Myself to Say...

So, I just posted, like, twice in one day - but I have good reason. First: boy, do I like this post.

And second: don't you know it, but, crikey, I like this one, too.

In the first, Lilith Saintcrow offers the "Five-Minute Trick," which so totally gels with my Chunkable Writing Schedule (CWSwORP). I mean, five minutes? Dudes. I can do five minutes.

In the second, holy-COW-he's-a-proLIFic-bugger-of-an-author Matthew Hughes gives you two words to remember - and them's fightin words, too.

You can bet your typin' fingers I'll be using both to bolster some word count today. Instead of five minutes, I'm giving myself an hour to improve on this:


47184 / 85000 words. 56% done!

Back in an hour (12:19 p.m.) to post how I did. Which'll be, like, awesome, since Lilith's given me permission to suck and not care :D

EDIT: So, here's what I did with my hour:

48014 / 85000 words. 56% done!

Them thar's 830 new words! Not bad for an hour. Okay, I'm giving myself 30 minutes more, and then I have to do some paying freelance work. Long live the CWSwoRP!

EDITED EDIT: Had to post this again, since I dragged it up a bit - but it's a whole percentage point, so I'll take it!


48166 / 85000 words. 57% done!

7 comments:

Matthew Rush | April 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Sounds cool, I'll have to check out your links.

Zoe C. Courtman | April 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Thanks for commenting, Matthew! The links were so helpful to me, definitely take a look!

Liza | April 15, 2010 at 1:28 PM

The five minute link is key. I'm learning how to take things in small bites and so far it's working. The good news is that small bites add up fast.

Zoe C. Courtman | April 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Thanks, Liza! That link was so good, wasn't it? And it has helped me so much even today! I'm still chugging along, and working incrementally (and without judgment of the first draft) is so liberating.

S | April 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Good job, Zoe! Progress is good.

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) | April 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Good progress Zoe. Off to check out the links too:)

Zoe C. Courtman | April 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Thanks so much for the comments, guys! I'm all for progress - just seeing that tiny bar slide even a tiny bit closer to the other side is motivating. Thanks!

Post a Comment