It's Blog Chain Time - Oh, And Here's A Kitteh :)

It's quiet. Too quiet. No sound but the clacking of fingers on keys - or, rather, the noisy silence from fingers hesitating for too long above the keys. Or maybe the faraway sounds of the family chortling over Sue Sylvester hijinks or THIS guy* (find him at the end of the post). But in here, it's just you. And something keeps you there, keeps you writing. 

Whatever it is, it's keeping a buncha other writers doing it, too. They're there with you in spirit, in pain, in characters who are in over their heads, in buffering the madness of the craft with endless Twizzlers/coffee/chocolate/the warm, steaming innards of a Tauntaun. 

Wanna know where they are and what keeps 'em writing? Sure you do, because it's the topic o' the month for THIS batch of awesomesauce:


This week's wisdom is from Danyelle Leafty, who offers some insight by way of an an apt metaphor. (Here's Laura's starting salvo on the topic two weeks ago. And Lydia's take, last week.)  So, go check out Danyelle's blog, then check back here next Wednesday for the scary thing that keeps me writing (and it ain't got nothin' to do with no love, or, unhappily, no Tauntaun from snowy Hoth. But I'm working on that, especially that now you CAN snuggle inside your OWN disemboweled Tauntaun, minus the, yanno, GORE.)

Meantime? Love this kitteh* as I do. Snarf your coffee, as I did.



13 comments:

JustineDell | April 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Thank you for the video ;-) I needed a case of the morning giggles.

~JD

Zoe C. Courtman | April 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hey, Justine! LOL. Isn't she funny! Love kitteh goodness in the morning :D

Lydia Kang | April 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I like getting my kitty fix this way, since I can't have one. allergies. Poor me...

Zoe C. Courtman | April 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Then I'm happy to oblige, Lydia! Ooh, I think I'ma hafta find some more :D

Matthew Rush | April 21, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Can't watch the video at work, but I love the Coach Sylvester quotes!

I also love all things Star Wars, so even your veiled hints about the odor of Tauntaun innards don't frighten me.

Okay, maybe a little bit.

I did a Glee post today that references Sue and Star Wars, if anyone's curious.

The Alliterative Allomorph | April 21, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Awesome vid! :) Thanks for the laugh! :)

Voidwalker | April 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM

YAY Kitteh

Danyelle | April 21, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Thanks for the mention. :) I love your new profile picture, and the cat was hilarious!

Zoe C. Courtman | April 21, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Thanks for popping in, Jessica!

Hey, Voidwalker! Thanks for commenting; we all need a little kitteh :D

Hi, Danyelle! Nice post today. Thanks for commenting!

Jana Hutcheson | April 21, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I definitely think my fingers hover above the keyboard way more than they strike. Whatever it is, SOMETHING? keeps me coming back.

Zoe C. Courtman | April 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Hey, Jana! Thanks for commenting - and, yep, right there with you on the hovering!!

Deb Salisbury | April 21, 2010 at 11:07 PM

ROFL! Love that cat.

Zoe C. Courtman | April 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hi, Deb! Isn't she funny??? LOL. Thanks for dropping by :D

Post a Comment