A Contest Winner, a HUGE Thank You, & How Laura & Tahereh Made My Day

So - what a flood of advice! Thanks to you, I've figured out what to do with these short story ideas that keep chirping at me like that FREAKIN cricket in the room [you know who you are, you cheeping bastard]. Anyway, I now know what to do (I'll tell you down after the shiny yellow "Thank You", and also share what Laura did and what Tehereh gave me, it's all down there, I swear). Whew. Big couple of days for this new blog...Level UP!! Thanks, thanks, thanks!

SO. The helpful commentator and (randomly selected by random.org) winner of her choice of four writing books (BIRD BY BIRD, ON WRITING HORROR, HOW TO GROW A NOVEL, or NO PLOT NO PROBLEM) is:

LINDSAY!
Thank you for participating! Please send me an email with the book you'd like and the mailing address I should send it out to. And with that, we go to the huge thank you to everyone:


The outcome? I'm staying on the fence about the necessity of short stories, but I will try my hand at writing some. Strategy? I'll focus on them ONLY between key MS stages, i.e. when the MS is marinating after a draft; when it's out with betas; etc. I'll keep you posted on the process.

And concluding this whimsical bit of bloggery are TWO MORE THANK YOUs - this time to Laura Diamond for so AWESOMELY featuring me as this week's Up and Coming Blogger! Also to Tahereh for dropping THIS award on a sista (see below for rules and bloggers I'm passing the award on to):


RULES: Tell six lies and one truth, and pass it on to seven other bloggers.

MY LIES (and one troof):
  1. I absolutely *love* G4.
  2. I have five cats.
  3. I was born in Maryland, but grew up in Droitwich, England.
  4. I just learned how to drive at 34.
  5. My father was 56 years old when I was born.
  6. I went bowling with Colin Powell.
  7. I'm allergic to hamsters.
BLOGGERS:
  1. Laura Diamond
  2. Danyelle Leafty
  3. Lydia Kang
  4. Lisa K.
  5. Shain Brown
  6. Pauline Thomas
  7. Justine Dell
Thanks for participating in my little ACK! HELP AND I'LL GIVE YOU A BOOK! contest - and thanks for reading :)

14 comments:

JustineDell | April 1, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Thank you! I'm going to go number 5. :-)

~JD

Danyelle | April 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Thanks! And good luck with your shorts!

Lydia Kang | April 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hey Zoe! Thanks for the award! I'm going to go with 5. BTW I was born in Maryland too!

Zoe C. Courtman | April 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Thanks everyone!

Justine - I'll post the answer tomorrow :)

Danyelle - Thanks for the luck; I'll need it!!

Lydia - Hey, you fellow Marylander! What part???

Lindsay (a.k.a Isabella) | April 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Wow I won! I sent you a message with my details. Good luck with the shorts :)

Zoe C. Courtman | April 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Awesome, Lindsay! Congrats and thanks for chiming in!!

Shain Brown | April 1, 2010 at 11:01 PM

A big congratulations to you, and a Thanks. I have too continue the trand and say its 5 as well.

Shannon O'Donnell | April 2, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Congrats! I popped over from Lydia's blog to say hello - glad I did. :-)

Zoe C. Courtman | April 2, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Hi, Shannon! Thanks so much for dropping in! I'll be sure to check in at your Book Dreaming blog and comment :)

Zoe C. Courtman | April 2, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Hey, Shain! Thanks for commenting; I'll post the answer shortly!! :)

Jen | April 2, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Congrats to the winner! Congrats on your award!!!

You have an awesome blog!!! Hmm England sounds sweet so I'm going with that one!

Zoe C. Courtman | April 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Thanks, Jen! I appreciate you popping by! I also stopped by your blog and became a follower :)

Alleged Author | April 5, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Thanks for the award, girl! You obviously deserve to get them but my blog is kinda "eh." You rock!

Zoe C. Courtman | April 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Hey, Alleged!! What are you saying? Your blog is lovely! And there are awards on it, too :) Confidence, woman!!

Post a Comment