So, I click on the blog of the ever fabulous and MUY supportive Laura Diamond and what do I see? That she's just passed me the Sugar Doll blog award. ZOMG! From a great weekly round-up of helpful and interesting links to her (and Lydia's!) AWESOME Mental Health Monday posts, Laura's blog is a great place to stop by on a regular basis. Check it out: http://lbdiamond.wordpress.com/
Okay, on to the rules: I have to share ten things about myself, and then pass the award on to five "sugary sweet" bloggers.
Ten Things About Me:
1) I cried all over Stephen King when he touched me. EDIT: 'Twas the Atlanta signing of his new book THE DOME, for which me and the hubs waited in line for more than four hours, and King smiled at me and said he liked my (oh GAWDWHATAGEEKICANBESOMETIMES) Miskatonic University sweatshirt, at which point I proceeded to tear up, and then do that flapping my hands in front of my face thing that girls inexplicably do when crying in public, at which point he reached out, TOUCHED ME on the hand (sort of like, oh, you poor slow girl you), and said he was honored to sign for us all and thanked me for coming. Ahem.
2) I'm one of those freakish H.P. Lovecraft fans who own things like a plush Cthulhu :D
3) I was born on Andrews Air Force Base.
4) I'm bi-racial, and have HUGE. FREAKIN. HAIR.
5) My kid, Gabriel, beatboxes like nobody's business.
6) I get all kinds of excited about the throat-rumbling roars of giant CGI creatures, a la the Kraken in the upcoming "Clash of the Titans" or the Reek in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones."
7) I'm a freelance copywriter & editor who's been writing professionally for about 10 years.
8) I'm THAT cat lover who posts daily pics of my baby Ragdoll kitten, Wampa (see: Star Wars) to Facebook.
9) One of my favorite bands to write to is Kaizers Orchestra, who have the best "absinthe and dirty fingernails" sound I know. Or, yanno, the ONLY "absinthe and dirty fingernails" sound I know.
10) I'm new to blogging and have CUH-RAZY social media anxiety. :D
Now, to announce my five picks for the Sugar Doll award!!
1) Cipherqueen, who was sweet enough to give me my first blog award! http://cipherqueen.blogspot.com/
2) Bobby Mathews - yep, he's a boy, but he just finished his MS so he gets a SUGAR HIGH! today!! http://bobthewriter.com/
3) Tahereh (Dude, love the manic energy of your posts!) http://stiryourtea.blogspot.com/
4) Jana Hutcheson (your positivity and tenacity is inspiring!): http://allimsaying-jhutcheson.blogspot.com/
5) Michelle McLean (who had the courage to unplug and work unfettered by distraction! I'm working on it myself!): http://michellemclean.blogspot.com/
Check 'em out!