Two Links that Made Me Think

Don't usually blog daily; as you know, I limit posts to once, maybe twice, per week. But these two blog entries (thanks Ricki Schultz!) really spoke to me this week, so I'm linking to 'em here, in the hopes that you'll also find them helpful  :

1. Adrien-Luc Sanders' post: Getting Past Author Fatigue on the Lyrical Press blog- though I'm way more than 50 pages in, I think this is what caused the Great Chapter Eight Malaise last week.

2. Ami Hendrickson's guest post, The Three-Step Process of Self-Editing, over on on Missy Frye's blog - the tip about reading your work as if from the perspective of your rival writer? A stand-out piece of advice.

3. And, okay, I said two posts, but this isn't a blog post; it's a link to Joe Hill and his book "Horns", which also spoke to me as I read it this week--because, man, Hill does everything a writer should. His writing just works. Every time. (And so it should, given his pedigree.)

2 comments:

Ian | March 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I loved Heart-Shaped Box, so I will be checking out Horns.

Thanks for the self-editing link - I'm in the midst of revisions so it's very handy for me.

Zoe C. Courtman | April 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Thanks, Ian! Let me know how your revisions turn out!!

Post a Comment