Do You Do It On Saturday, Too?

Just knocked out a troubling chapter. Sure, I'll have to slice, dice, and julienne that sucker later on. But not right now. Cuz, yanno, I finished the draft of the chapter, so I'm calling it a day. (Yep, I work weekends. I hafta, seeing as transitioning from copywriter to working novelist is, yanno, work. And must be considered as such.) But before I go to write some web copy that's been awaiting me in my freelance, day job capacity, here's some word count fuh ya:




Yep, 45 percent. Not too shabby. So how did you progress toward your goals -- any goals -- on this fine weekend day? Do you have a reward system for weekend work? I tend to use time-blocks and rewards. For today, it was finish Chapter Eight by 2:30 p.m., then complete four pages of client web copy. If I hit my two to-dos, I get to get outside and jog, then have a blissful, work-free afternoon and early evening. What about you? Got a weekend motivator that works?

4 comments:

divaluxe | March 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Nope. I was actually revelling in the fact that I didn't have to work this weekend. Of course, it's a trade-off. You're a working writer, which is key to your soul and I'm a cubicle-dwelling data monkey.
But, I did accomplish something creative today. I finished embellishing one t-shirt and started another. So, I wasn't a total couch potato.
Thanks for asking!

Zoe C. Courtman | March 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Thanks for your comment, divaluxe! (data monkey, lol.) And accomplishing something creative totally counts. Here's to weekend productivity!

Matthew Rush | March 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Certainly not. I have a corporate job that I hate. Hate enough that I write novels and post to my blog most days instead of doing it (well at least for a small part of the day that is).

Anyway hi Zoe. I found your blog from Justine Dell's, so I thought I would stop by, comment and follow. Feel free to visit mine and do the same.

Thanks!

Zoe C. Courtman | March 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hi, Matthew! Thanks for moseying on over to my blog! I'm on my way to yours now :D

Cheers!

Post a Comment